Can't forget the good times I had in January with Starlyn, Jeff, and their new son Axton. I loved being there shortly after Axton was born. I was there to give Starlyn a little extra help those first few days. It is a lot easier to be the grandma. I did not have to get up many times in the middle of the night. Wish I could be there now. I love watching him grow and learn new things by keeping up with Starlyn's blog.
Matt, Mindy and Jack came to visit us. That was fun. Jack sure is an active little guy now. We enjoyed a special day at the Honolulu Zoo together. Matt and Mindy got to visit all their favorite places. We even got to babysit. Fortunately all went well.
We took our vacation to see Preston, Rebecca, Emma, Preston II, Evelyn and William back in North Carolina. We enjoyed visiting, eating Rebecca's famous cookies, playing games, going to swimming lessons, Preston's birthday, 4th of July parade and super fireworks.
Then it was off to Utah to visit with Grandma Taylor, Kathy and Lenny. We spent the afternoon and evening with them and then spent some restful times at the Homestead in Midway, Utah. We checked out the area for "the future" and then took to the mountains. We drove up to Mirror Lake at nearly 11,000 ft. It was peaceful and just what we needed.
Thanks to all of you for your blog updates. It keeps a certain grandma happy.Maybe in the near future we can get the whole family together. Now wouldn't that be great.
Pictures coming after I get some assistance from Starlyn.
No comments:
Post a Comment